I was nominated by the lovely Gel over at Some Kind of Book Blog. Thank you, Gel!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions they’ve set you
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate ten people
Gel’s Questions for Me:
1) Who are your top three favourite authors?
James Clemens, the author of my favourite fantasy books The Banned and the Banished series. Kirsten Beyer, the current author of the post-series Star Trek: Voyager novels which I absolutely love. There are several authors fighting for third place so this is difficult, but I think I’ll have to go with J.K. Rowling for the magic she brought to my teenage years.
2) If you could exchange lives with a fictional character for a day, who would it be?
Celia Bowen from The Night Circus. I love her beautifully tragic, magical life.
3) What’s the first thing you would do if you became the character on number 2?
Create my very own magical tent in the circus. I’m not sure what form this tent would take, but I’m guessing it would have something to do with ice or waterfalls.
4) What are your top three favourite books that you read in 2014?
I’ve read a lot of fantastic books this year, but my top three would have to be The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern; Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman (which I just finished yesterday!) and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
5) What book are you most excited to read in 2015?
Definitely Born with Teeth: A Memoir by Kate Mulgrew, due to be published on April 15th 2015. She’s been my favourite actress and one of my idols since I was 8 and I’ve been waiting for her to write a book for years. I’m so excited about this and I’ve already pre-ordered it.
6) Do you have an unusual reading habit? What is it?
I intentionally (and unapologetically) bend the spines of my paperback books as I’m reading them. I like them to look well-read and have character. I love that anyone can just glance at my bookshelves and know which books are my favourites because I’ve read them so many times that the spines are worn. I talked about this more in an earlier post.
7) If you are stranded in a deserted island, which fictional character would you like to be with you?
Hermione Granger. I’m guessing she could get us off that island, or at least conjure us some good food and a stack of books.
8) Choose the characters from your favourite book that you would f**k, marry, and kill.
This question doesn’t work too well for my favourite book, so I’ve just chosen characters from different ones:
F**k – Gale from The Hunger Games
Marry – Eric from S.
9) Which do you prefer, reading before going to sleep or reading during the day?
Definitely reading before going to sleep. Reading is my barrier between the stress of the day and the calm I need to fall asleep. Of course this often means that I stay up far too late! I recently discovered that the word for this is Librocubicularist.
10) If you could give a Christmas gift to your book crush, what would it be?
Hmm, I’m not sure what I would give Eric from S. Could the gift be a kiss from me? Haha!
Blogs I’m Nominating:
I nominate the following awesome blogs:
1) If a book was written about your life, what would the title be?
2) What was the first book you can remember reading (or being read to you)?
3) What’s your favourite genre of books?
4) If you could choose one book to be turned into a movie adaptation, what would it be?
5) What’s your favourite reading format: Hardback, Paperback or E-book?
6) Do you come from a family of readers, or are you the only one?
7) Have you asked for any books for Christmas? If so, which ones?
8) Have you ever been to a book festival or author event?
9) Do you have a favourite bookshop you visit often? Maybe an indie in your hometown/city?
10) Do you own any signed copies of books? If so, which ones?
If you decide to participate I would love for you to post a link to your post in the comments so I can read it! 🙂