I’ve been nominated for my third Liebster Award by the lovely Hideaway Girl. Thank you!
Many of you will be familiar with this award and since there are different variations of the rules I won’t list them here. The rules often ask for 11 facts about the blogger, but since this is the third time I’ve done this I’m afraid I’ve run out of interesting facts! If you’re curious, you can find 11 general facts about me from the first award here and 11 book related facts from the second award post here.
I’m happy to answer Hideaway Girl’s questions for me though, so here we go!
1) Why do you blog?
I started blogging originally as a way to enhance my CV (résumé) because I wanted to work in the publishing industry (which I now do – yay!) and because I wanted to connect with other book lovers. I enjoy having my own little space online where my ideas can live.
2) Who inspired you?
Since I was a little girl I have been inspired by my favourite actress Kate Mulgrew. I was lucky enough to meet her a few years ago and it was as amazing as I thought it would be. Her memoir comes out in April and I’m SO excited!
3) If you could have any pet, what would it be?
I’ve grown up with dogs all my life (we used to breed them) and my parents currently have two. Eventually I want to have one of my own, preferably a black Labrador.
4) Would you rather travel to the past or the future?
I would prefer to keep the future a mystery because if you know the path your life will take then there’s no fun in it, so I would say the past. I would love to spend some time with my Grampa who died a few years ago. He was a wonderful man and we were very close.
5) What do you regret doing the most?
I don’t like to dwell on regrets, and I’ve found that when I look back at things that I regretted or found difficult at the time, that I’m actually glad things turned out the way they did. Sometimes when you feel like you’ve taken a wrong turn in life it turns out to have been a great step forward.
6) Who is your celebrity crush?
David Boreanaz, a.k.a. Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Special Agent Seeley Booth from Bones. Such a handsome man!
7) Favourite book?
I don’t have a single favourite book but rather favourites from different genres. My favourite from the last 12 months is a tossup between The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and When She Woke by Hillary Jordan. Clicking on the links will take you through to my reviews of these books.
8) English or art?
Definitely English. I loved it in high school and even more so when I studied literature at university.
9) Lipstick or lipgloss?
I can wear either, although I don’t very much. I’m not much of a make-up fan!
10) What is your favourite quote and why?
That’s a tough one because I LOVE collecting quotes, but this is the one which came to mind when I first read this question:
“She was there, in the full vigour of her personality, battered but not diminished” – Willa Cather, from her novel My Ántonia.
When I read it I’m reminded that, even after we’ve been through difficult times and find ourselves with scars (both physical and emotional), we can still come out on the other side with the strength of our personalities intact.
I enjoyed answering those questions!
I don’t like limiting who I nominate, so if you’re reading this and you’ve never been nominated for a Liebster Award before, please consider this your nomination!
I’m a bit short on time at the moment so I’m going to use the same questions I did from my first award post. Here they are:
1) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
2) What’s the most unusual book you’ve ever read? (could be theme, format, writing style etc)
3) Was there a book series you started reading but gave up on because you lost interest?
4) What’s the worst book you’ve ever read? Why did you dislike it?
5) What’s your favourite bookshop? (could be a chain or an indie)
6) Has there ever been a book character which turned out exactly the way you imagined they would when you saw them in the film adaptation?
7) Have you ever visited a location just because it was featured in a book?
8) Do you have a particular bookmark you always use, or do you just use whatever is lying around?
9) Do you mind if the spines or pages of your paperbacks get creased, or is it important to you to keep them looking like new?
10) What’s the best library you’ve ever visited?
11) If you could spend a day in the shoes of any literary character, who would it be?
Thanks again, Hideaway Girl!